Re: stainless steel exhaust

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 13:30:00 EDT

Patrick and Kelly Engram wrote:

> -----Here are quotes from '97 and '98 Dodge Dakota sales brochures-
>
> '97 Dakota, page 22, heading 1-"Stainless steel exhaust system from
> front to rear, including muffler and tailpipe for long life."
>
> '98 Dakota, page 6, heading 1-"Full stainless steel exhaust system,
> including muffler and tailpipe, for longer life."

Patrick,

FWIW, when I had my '98 in for a muffler replacement, I was intending to
do a full cat-back. When I discovered the full length stainless on the
stock pipes, I decided the tradeoff for 1/2" upgrade on the pipe wasn't
worth switching to aluminized pipe. Bottom line - I stuck with the stock
pipe and simply added a Magnaflow muffler. I'm pleased with the results.

Bob