Re: RE: Re: RE: Max "Y"pipe diameter on stock manifolds

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 16:39:22 EDT

Bruce,

With the stock engine topped off with the Vortech I ran a best of 14.94 at
94 MPH. This was with a 60 foot time of 2.213. I believe that the
computer and the exhaust are the limiting factors. I am going to get the
exhaust work done in the next few weeks probably. Headers and 2 1/2 into 3
all the way back. Then I'll get to the track and test again. The track is
open until the second week in November here in Chicago. The coll air
should also help the Vortech breath better. I'm hoping for some low 14
second runs. (Under 14.5).

Dan

----------
> From: Bridges, Bruce <bbridges@alarismed.com>
> To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
> Subject: DML: RE: Re: RE: Max "Y"pipe diameter on stock manifolds
> Date: Monday, October 05, 1998 9:27 AM
>
> dan,
> Im sure a shop could do it, and cheaply. They may want to run 2.25"
> headpipes since thats the outlet diameter of the manifolds though. With
> 2.25 head pipes you should be fine as long as they dont restrict it at
the
> bends (specify mandrel bent only). If you go with a single inlet 3"dia
cat,
> then have the shpo join the headpipes with a gentle transistion at least
> 7inches long. Im really interested in your results if you do this.
Also,
> you are running a Vortech? Whats your best E/T? Ive heard/think that
the
> 98 OBDII doesnt like mods, even pressurizing as much as the earlier OBDI
> systems. Are you in the low 14s? Ive been playing around with TBs etc.
and