RE: TB Mod Question for the Pro's

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 20:33:19 EDT

Jon,
The stage II still has the air horns (not milled flat). We wanted to
increase the flow without removing these (looks stock). We increased the
flow by increasing
the throttle bore size, removing half of the throttle shaft (Colin's idea),
and installing thinner throttle plates. Bruce actually has pictures of the
stage II and hopefully
the new throttle shaft to send to you. I do want to flow a TB with the horns
removed for my own knowledge, but with the stage II, it appears that we have
reached
the limits of the JET chip. On my truck, the engine goes flat above 4,200
RPM. Dan at JET is working with us on a custom chip to match the air flow of
the throttle body. I should know tomorrow on the chip.
        Frank