TB Mod Question for the Pro's

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 19:29:47 EDT

I've noticed that Franks TBI's still have the stock
aluminum (fence) around the ports. I'm curious about
the difference in flow of this design compared to other
TBI's that have been milled flat w/ rounded edges.

One reason I'm asking is after I had mine opened up
long ago by a machine shop, I decided last month to
follow KuK's example and remove the stock fence around
the port. There was a difference! It bogged on the
first WOT, then pulled on the next. Seems to have
increased in torque and response.

I hesitated on this modification thinking it wasn't
that necessary, but now I'm glad I did it. So I'm
curious to learn if there is any known difference
between the two on the flowbench.

Frank?
Bruce?
Uh.....Jules?? (the report said,"They found him with
                            a Super Street TBI in his hand.")

GS -