Re: License Plate Lights w/ Roll Pan -Reply

From: McStyer@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 05 1998 - 23:48:13 EDT

<< Yeah it is two neon accent tubes, like the ones in crutchfield, but they
 dont have the cig lighter hookups, just wires, power and ground. I got
 small 8" tubes and put one under the dash over the pedals and the other
 on the passenger side. I Just ziptied them in to existing holes. You dont
 actually see the tubes, just the glow on your feet. I wired them to a
 switch that i put in the factory foglight dummy to the left of the
 steering wheel. I also got a set of those carbon fiber/ aluminum pedals
 so theres something to look at in the light. You should be able to get
 the tubes at any custom car stereo shop, crutchfield seemed kinda high
 $$$.

 Kevin Bonanno

In my old Ford that I had, I installed a pair of blue strip lights under the
dash in front of each passenger. I didn't really care for the strong light of
the neon but with these things it was a nice soft glow down on the floorboard,
so when you dropped something at night, you could look down and not lose your
night vision as much. I'm a cheap bastard when I can be, too, so for $6 for
both,I think it was a great deal. I got mine at Autozone, but JCWhitney
carries some like them. It's in the advertizements where they have a little
drawing of an old Chevy van with these strips running all over the van (looks
like they were going to put the van in Disneys Electrical Parade):)

Mike S.
Nashville