Lowered 4x4?

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 12:28:03 EDT

I hope someone can explain this to me because I find it a bit confusing.
Maybe it's just me? Yesterday I saw a black Sonoma 4x4, lowered, and with
low profile racing tires. What's the point? It just seems strange to have
a 4x4 lowered. Is this a common thing? The purpose of my getting a 4x4 was
to be able to drive over and through stuff, but if it's lowered, I wouldn't
be able to do that. This Sonoma would have had a hard time going over a
rock!!! Wouldn't a 4x2 Dakota Sport or R/T look much cooler lowered, and
4x4's lifted, not to mention more functional? Can someone clear this up for me?

Norah (confused)
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd