Stereo

From: ladysmithgwl@juno.com
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 15:05:49 EDT

I have a 1997 Dakota with the Infinity sound system. I upgraded the receiver to an
an aftermarket Dennon CD receiver.

I know that the Infinity system has an "outboad" amp. I asked the retailer if hooking up
and aftermarket reciever would have any effect on the amp. They said no and to use the
speaker level outputs. So, I did.

>From time to time I've notice the sound getting louder and softer, kind of like moving "in and out". All of the speaker outputs are hooked up in phase. I'm trying to do a little trouble shooting and determine if the speaker levels have "toasted" the factory amp or if it is a problem with the receiver I installed.

If anyone has had similar problems/experiences, I would appreciate input on what you
determined the problem was.

Garret
http://members.tripod.com/~garretl
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)