Re: RE:115 - Long.. to Jack

From: brian duffey (brian.duffey@intelsat.int)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 18:07:00 EDT

humor, sarcasim, etc. If you cannot recognize these elements you'd be better
of moving on to another post!)

Jack,

So what gives?
Did someone from Va. once piss on your Wheaties & you've never forgiven
them?

" States like Virginia make me sick . They would rather have people
starving, drug dealers dealing , murderers murdering , rapists raping , etc ,
 than to let someone get away without paying a speeding fine " - Jack, I
usually respect your opinions & you have very good input to the discussions,
but this is the most ludicrous piece of B.S. I've seen in a LONG time.

Yeah right, Va. has all these bad things going on just because they don't
allow Radar Detectors & the cops are too busy busting speeders?! All those
other states, with their Rader detecting drivers are nirvana then I guess,
no drugs? no rape? no murder?

I've lived in Va. most of my life & haven't felt that my rights to freedom
or liberty have been infringed upon. I've had the dubious honor of being
pulled for a number of traffic violations, all around the country & Va. cops
(local or State) are no different then any other cop. Same basic equation
applies, you get back what you give out!

One of the most F***ed up Cop stories I've heard was of a very good friend
of mine who got pulled in a small town in Ga. on his way to Fla. They had
been sleeping in their van at night & got pulled one Sat. afternoon. The cop
asked them what was in the baggy on the floor & pulled my friends out of the
van, cuffed them, arrested them for possession of cocaine & jailed them.
Thirty-six hours later they were released when the lab opened up and
confirmed that the 'residue' was toothpaste, just like they had told the
cop. My friend had been keeping his toothbrush in the baggy!

I got pulled in Delaware 3 weeks ago for doing 79 in a 55 zone ( I-95 @
11:30 pm Sunday night). I was polite to the cop, had my DL & Registration
for him, he ticketed me for 62 in a 55 zone. A $46 ticket instead of the
Reckless Driving he could have charged me with (anything more then 20 above
posted limit=Reckless). I could have bitched about the 55 MPH on a major
interstate (I-95 is 65 MPH in all the states surrounding Del.) - but it is
not the cops fault, he is doing his job - I bitch at him, makes his job
worse, he charges me with reckless. I-95 from N.Y./Philly to the south is a
major drug corridor. Hell, they have to worry about being SHOT everytime
they pull someone! Our biggest worry is a few points on the license.

I've been pulled with & w/out radar detectors, what is the most common
factor? If I had been paying attention I would have seen the cop or noticed
the brake lights coming on in front of me! Radar, laser, doesn't matter -
they only work on line of sight! If it can see you, you can see it! Radar
detectors may give you a Slight advantage, but paying attention has worked
just as well for me in picking out the Radar traps.

Va. is second only to Tx. in the rate of execution for death row inmates
(and gaining fast!)
Va. was one of the first states to clear the welfare rolls (find a job, &
get off welfare cause we're taking it away!) Hey, there are plenty of jobs
here - if someone is starving - Get A friggin' job!

Anyway, I'll start to climb off the soap-box - the point is Va. is certainly
no worse then any of the other 49 states, like all of them they have their
+'s and -'s. If ya don't like Va., the only thing I can say is - don't
visit! Otherwise, give me your address, I'll send you another box of
Wheaties, and we can all make like friends again!

Respectfully submitted...

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil