RE: Respecting Other DML Member's Opinions

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Tue Oct 06 1998 - 20:00:41 EDT

>I love fast cars, fast bikes and faster women (sorry Gals)!

Don't worry about it, I like my man a little slower. Ooops - wrong mailing
list ;)

>If you want to roll the dice and take your chances, God bless and Gods' speed!!
>Just pick your time and place with care so you don't jeopardize other people
>while your doing it!!!!!!

Agreed 1000%. I personally don't speed, but I don't find a problem with it
as long as you can keep your vehicle under control, don't cut me off, and
don't put others in danger. There is definitely a time and a place for
everything.

>Whenever I read or hear about some innocent people getting killed (either
>in the same car/truck or involving some innocent person just driving along)
>I wanna' go out and shoot the reckless, dumbass, SOB that was driving!

AGREED! AGREED! AGREED!

>With that said, I'll tell you I get the biggest rush driving my bike at a
>buck '45, but I don't hit that speed unless I can see clear road for at
>least 2 miles ahead and I DON'T HAVE A PASSENGER. And if there is a cop
>with a radar on the side of the road that I didn't see? Well, all I can
>say is I got this ticket the old fashioned way -- I earned it!

As long as there's no whinning about getting the ticket or points.

Well, ok, I'm whinning and going to court in January. But I'm wasn't the
one speeding. I was the innocent victim making the turn. The other f*#&ing
asshole speeding through the light and wrecking my DAK beyond repair, not to
mention still trying to recover in physio, chiropractor, and exposure
therapy to get over my fear of making a left turn. This speeder has cost me
so far, 3 months off the job, excruciating pain, loss of my DAK, and
fighting the insurance company to pay for it all. Speaking of court - I've
hired an ex-cop to represent me in court and he says I won't have anything
to worry about. Mind you he's costing me more than the ticket, but it's the
principal I'm fighting.

>Bottom line is, you wanna' have some fun - go for it! Just don't risk
>other peoples lives while you are at it.
>
>T.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks!

Norah

The larger the island of knowledge,
the longer the shoreline of wonder.