Re:new member wants more muscle

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 09:18:01 EDT

Pauly,

Welcome to Dakota! Yes, we really enjoy the muscle! I have a few mods on
my '95 CC SLT, which is also a 318 V-8 including the Gibson 3" single
exhaust. The first mod, like you, was the K&N FIPK. Secondly came the
Gibson, then the JBA headers. While all have been beneficial, I believe
the Gibson cat-back made the most improvement of the three. Maybe it was
just its place in the sequence, maybe not. But, I'd recommend the Gibson
to anyone with a 318 Dakota. Check the archives for more from others on
the list. Is stainless worth the extra? I went aluminized and am happy.
The 3 1/2" stainless tip is sharp, though. Check around for prices. I
have heard Rosser Bros and Truck PErformance Center offer good prices. I
got mine at a local speed shop for $250.

Richard in San Antonio

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 19:27:18 EDT PGauger273@aol.com writes:
>Hi All
>
>I am a recent convert to the Mopar world and to the DML (killer group
>of
>owners). I purchased my 97 Dak 4X4 Sport+ 5.2 auto 3.90 a short while
>back
>and I have nothing but praise. It's my first new vehicle purchase
>ever and,
>after my initial pussy-foot period, I had to jump on it to merge with
>traffic.
>The rest is history(including the bastard who didn't want to let me
>in) and
>man was I surprised. Needless to say, I am interested in performing
>some mods
>to the truck. I have already gone the K&N FIPK route and the next
>thing I
>have planned is the exhaust. I talked to Gibson on the phone and they
>quoted
>me $320 for a aluminized single cat-back system (bit high, I think).
>I have
>read other DMLrs have procured systems for substantially less.
>
>I do have some questions: Are people with Gibson exhausts pleased
>with the
>overall quality? Does it give you any noticible gain in performance?
> Is the
>SS really worth the added cost? What are the DML friendly dealers (
>I feel
>that return business speaks volumes and it helps to get the word out
>about
>this dedicated group of owners! Sorry about the deluge, I know it's a
>lot for
>a new member.
>
>thanks in advance....
>
>Pauly

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]