RE: RE: No More Ping After Headers

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 15:06:18 EDT

I've never heard anyone mention exhaust flow pressure or volume
affecting pinging (pre-ignition). It very well might be, but I've
never heard of it. I'm just shooting in the dark here, but maybe it's
the fact that the combustion chambers/heads/exhaust system heat up a
lot faster than the coolant - therefore, the pinging when the temp
gauge is still "cold". Just a blind guess.

Tate