Re: JBA Header info requested

From: Bobby Nicks (bwnicks@ibm.net)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 16:33:56 EDT

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> Well, I hadn't been watching the DML for about 8 months or so, but I thought
> I'd see what was going on out here.
>
> I saw lots of posts about the JBA headers, and what a great deal the list got
> on them, and was wondering if there was any plan to do another group
> purchasing sometime in the next 6mos or so? Also, I was wondering what kind
> of experiences people have had with them so far...Good performance gains?
> Leaking problems? sound quality? etc.
>
> Thanks for any info.
>
> .Geoff

I got the JBAs on the special. They look pretty under the hood, but I
have been a little disappointed in the performance increase. I can't
detect any increase. As far as sound, mine are quieter than the stock
manifolds. I though that they went on fairly easily and so far no
leaks. They did stop some pinging that I was having.

If I was doing it over again I would get the Mopar headers. Sure they
cost more, but by the time you figured in the cost of the Y pipe which
is part of the Mopar headers, the Mopar headers are cheaper, plus there
is a performance increase with them. So far it looks like you have to
change the Y pipe to see an increase in performance with the JBAs.

Bob