Re: RE: Re: 115

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 16:44:45 EDT

At 07:15 AM 10/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Good point, Trevor! Never thought of that either. Different here in
>Texas. For example: on the way home from the Houston meet, I averaged
>about 80 - 85 mph. Not got up to, but AVERAGED. When I would slow
>down to 75 or 80 to look at the scenery or fiddle with the radio,
>folks would start passing me - every now and then, like I was
>standing still. I hit the limiter probably five or six times just for
>fun moving from one pack of cars to the next. Lots of fun putting it
>in neutral and "coasting" down a long, straight slope at 100 mph!

Uh...dammit man! I averaged something like 55 on the way back. I was
hitting 3200rpm at 65 in third. Didn't want to spin it higher than that
for 7 or 8 hours straight. For those who are going, "Why not use
overdrive??" I couldn't...anything under 3 grand was making it studder and
backfire...at least that's fixed now! :)

hehe...sounds like my interstate driving. Once I averaged 98 mph on the
way to Abilene. Left my house and got to the football stadium 66 minutes
later. It's about 90 miles away, plus the city driving.

The first time I went to my sister's place in San Marcos, it took me a
little over 2.5 hrs. Not one highway patrol car. In fact, I've never seen
a highway patrol car clocking people going there or back... That was also
the trip in which I got 22mpg. Don't know how, but I did. Had wind at my
back for the first half of the trip, though. That coulda helped some.

I try to keep it in the high 70's/low 80's most of the time...

Wide open spaces are nice. Most cops I have seen actually pass me on the
highway...

Brian