Mag Buildup

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 17:11:21 EDT

Ok> Here is somthing to mull over. I have about 75000 miles on my 5.2L and at the
rate I run up the miles (28000/yr), I'm already thinking new engine buildup for a change
over at 95k+ miles. This is the plan as it sits now: Get a new 360 (magnum) short block.
Get MP R/T cam and roller lifters, also 360 magnum ported head assembly (see MP
catalog) includes slightly oversized intake valves (1.97" vs stock 1.92") springs/retainers,
 dbl. roller timing gears/chain, new water pump, MP hi-po oil pump. maybe hardened pushrods, and 1.7:1 roller rockers (Crower). I already have an M1 manifold drilled for injectors ready and waiting and will have to get the 5.9L MP sbec and either the weight
kit for the torque converter or just go to a higher stall (2500 rpm) one which is balanced ,
and ,of course, I'll need a good harmonic balancer (360s are externally balanced).

I'll start out with the stock throttle body, but will no doubt have it reworked for more flow.
After hearing all this good talk lately of bigger injectors, perhap that is an option as well.

I currently have a 3.55 limited slip rearend and don't plan to change it , but may have to
beef up the trans once I hook this monster up. This will be for the street!

Also I currently have the MP Thorley headers which I plan to retain if possible.

Please digest this and let me know your thoughts on this setup, potential pitfalls etc.

Thanks!

Rob

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)