RE: Re: HI FLO Injectors (Alan)

From: Mok, Alan (AMok@spbank.com)
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 18:06:29 EDT

For those using "mass air" FI systems there is a mass air meter before
the throttle body that meters the amount of air being ingested. It and
the computer is calibrated and set for the stock capacity injectors
(let's say 19#/hr). if you swap out the 19s and put in 24# the computer
does not know this. it will continue to calculate fuel needs/injector
pulse width as if you're using 19# injector and therefore you will run
RICH. You can fool the computer by altering the voltage value sent by
the mass air meter.

Our truck engines use a speed density system so I don't know how it will
be affected.

Alan

'98 Dakota R/T (Headers, FABM & waiting for Shift kit)
'89 Mustang GT (347, Griggs, S-trim...)
Ducati 916 (someday)