Dakota Quad Cab, Side Winder, SR 71

From: JHambleton@diabloresearch.com
Date: Wed Oct 07 1998 - 18:26:04 EDT

DML List:

        The articles I've read have been saying the Dak Quad Cab is a 2000
model to be released Spring of 99.

        As I recall the article in Hot Rod Magazine on this "Dakota", the
only piece that is actually a Dakota part is the firewall. Otherwise it's a
Viper on a custom frame. I would bet that IF we ever see a "Side Winder" it
will be a very limited production Viper powered 1500 Ram. The structural
changes to a Dakota to accept the V10 would be astronomical. Although Shelby
did shoe horn a 318 into a first generation Dakota.

        I took a look at the SR 71 on the web site. IMHO they really ruined
a good thing with the swoopy rear end. They should have just bulged the
fenders and not extended it from the cab back. The front end looks nasty
(old 60's hot rodder term).

JonH