Re: RE: new engine....prices????????

From: Whit (bigdog@netdog.com)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 00:53:59 EDT

At 12:17 AM 10/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Kyle
>Ask about Mopar Reman engines, They are as good as Jasper...even better.
>Boog

I just bought a low mileage 360 out of a '96 Ram. I started pulling things
apart to drop a new cam in and was SHOCKED at how poorly built it was. The
pistons were pathetically out of balance, the rings never sat, rods were
out of round and the bearings were lame to start with. I have lost all
faith in Mopar QC. My advice is to buy used and build to your specs. I
ended up balancing and blueprinting the entire thing but that 360 runs
smooth as butter now :-)

Whit