Re: RE: Fuel Filter on '97

From: HKUSP40578@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 10:46:40 EDT

Yeah the fuel filter if frame mounted on the drivers side inner frame rail. I
replace mine with a Dana/Wix filter for $11. It is very easy to do, just open
the gas cap,then get a socket to take the self tapping bolt that holds the
filter onto the frame rail off.Get a small bucket and undo the hose clamp that
is closest to the gas tank and take it off and point the fuel line and the
filter down towards the bucket. About 5-6 ounces will run out, its just the
fuel that is left in the line. They undo the other side hose clamp and take
the filter off. You can let it air dry out and hacksaw it open the see all the
dirt. I also replaced the factory crappy hose clamps with real good stainless
worm drive ones so I know they stay on......good luck....let me know how much
dirt you find on your filter!!!!! This process should only take 10-15 minutes
max....
Kyle
93 4x4 V6