Re: Clunking Sound

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 13:48:52 EDT

At 10:08 AM 10/8/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Everytime i hit the gas hard in my truck there is a clunking sound comming
>from somewhere in the driveline. Its been doing this for awhile it happens
>from a complete stop and also when i'm going 75 on the highway and hit the
>gas clunk...then go. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I never really
>thought about it until the other day when my friend asked me what was doing
>that.....
>

>Thanks,
>
>Chris
>93 4x4 V8

Uh...uh oh...Do you have a single track rear?? If you do, I know what
comes next..BOOM!! That's EXACTLY how my truck sounded before the rear-end
died. If you do have an open rearend, drop the cover and make sure the
steel shaft that holds the spider gears in place is not loose. The bolt
that holds it in place became loose and the shaft ate up the carrier.....

Check it ASAP!!

Brian