Re: Retractable Antenna

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 17:30:54 EDT

At 03:17 PM 10/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever gone about installing a retractable antenna on their Dak? I
>noticed the Xenon Dakota had one and was wonder how hard this was to do and
>where I could get a kit from and how much it would cost...Thanks,
>Ben
>www.dakattack.com

I've been thinking about this for a while. I think its as simple as
mounting the replacement / providing power from the battery / hooking up
the signal cable and remote turn on from the receiver. I don't think it's
possible using the stock receivers cause they (mine at least) don't have a
remote turn on lead.

I haven't done it so I don't know for sure what is involved but I don't
think its too hard of a project.
mm
   // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
{ }|| | | ||{ } mmeye@umr.edu