RE: Mag Buildup

From: Craig Baltzer (Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 17:42:43 EDT

Thanks Frank. I had explored the 380 crate route prev., but to get it
converted over to injection with a Mopar Perf. cam, etc. I had heard
estimates of anywhere from 70-90HP loss from the local Mopar heads.
Still nothing to sneeze at, but basically the same HP as the "stock"
5.9l with cam/headers/intake. For blower use, then the head work would
still be req., as would some more "robust" pistons (and possibly crank
as well) so basically all that was left was heads, block and crank from
the "crate".

I guess I'm still a bit bitter about my attempt at the 5.2 buildup that
wasted literally months of my time screwing around collecting parts,
chasing orders, and trying to make things work. Block and parts alone
ran $4.5K (no blower), and then I had another $3K worth of outside work
plus tons of my own in it. This "ready to drop in with no screwing
around" has a lot of appeal to me after that :-)

BTW thanks for the lead on Hughes, I'll have to chase them down for a
chat!

Craig