Leaking Trans on my RT!!!!!

From: Dakota RT (dakota_59_rt@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 08 1998 - 18:22:44 EDT

I did a little high speed driving today to check my high speed
vibration....got up to about 105. Vibration not bad until maybe 90
then kindof a HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM which changes frequency if I accel or
decel. Well today at about 105, there was a sudden very loud HUMMMM
which made me immediately let off. Well didn't seem to have any
problem after I dropped back below 90, but when I got home, I just
happened to look under it and saw I am leaking trans fluid. Looks
like it is coming from the rear trans output seal....guess I'll take
it in tomorrow, but do I tell them how it happened and about my HUMMMM
problem at 90+mph or just keep my mouth shut? Anyone have any ideas
what the HUMMM source could be? Did my trans just have a bad seal or
are the two connected? I dread this bc I dont' have access to a good
dealership....

wish me luck