Re: Not altogether mine...

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (ghack2@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 03:04:42 EDT

Jon,
I have Corel draw 8. I have been able to get things into EPS format. I
also have the "www.dakota-truck.net" sticker on my truck. I got it made
from a sign shop by me. It looks like the same font as Gene's. I can't
remember the name of it off hand, but I can find out if wanted.
I would like to get the sticker, whatever it ends up to be. I can just
cut off the "www" part of it. So, sign me up for one of the stickers, in
white.

Later,
Geoffrey
~~~~~98 DAK CC 3.9L~~~~~
> Yep, I made the DML and the "www.dakota-truck.net" things.
Unfortunately,
>I can only save in bitmapped formats. I have Corel Draw/photo-paint,
which
>supports EPS, but I've never really gotten it to work. I suppose I
could
>try GIMP for Linux, that will probably support PS. I also have Adobe
>Photoshop, but every time I try to use it I get confused and go back to
>Corel. :-) What software are you using?
>
> Speaking of the font, you mentioned you had a lot of them. Do you
>have "Pumper"? That's what Gene used for the decal on his truck, and
>its apparently the font that Dodge uses? I can re-render the
>"www.dakota-truck.net" I've got in a bigger size, but it would
>still be bitmapped. (Lemme know if you'd like me to send you it
>in a larger size to try with the logo...) Anyway, it would be really
great
>if we could find "Pumper". I've searched all over the 'net, checked
all my
>CD's that have fonts on them, but no luck. I wonder if Gene's print
shop
>would be willing to copy it onto a disk? :-)
>

>> Next thing, I'm not taking orders or arranging for printing. I am
actually
>> interested in the feeback from the DML and to see how many people
like the
>> designs. If enough of you do like them, I can check out how much
they would
>> be to print up. Myself, I'm probably going to have one custom made
and just
>> foot the "One only" cost, which may be like $40 or so for a big one.
If
>> enough want the design, I'll post up the Postscript information so
that you
>> can take it to your local sign shop and have it made to your specs.
>> I appriciate all the support and comments, but I can't help you in
the
>> ordering process right now. I'm just the guy with DTP software...
^_^