RE:DML New Stickers

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 11:08:17 EDT

> Yep, I made the DML and the "www.dakota-truck.net" things. Unfortunately,
>I can only save in bitmapped formats. I have Corel Draw/photo-paint, which
>supports EPS, but I've never really gotten it to work. I suppose I could
>try GIMP for Linux, that will probably support PS. I also have Adobe
>Photoshop, but every time I try to use it I get confused and go back to
>Corel. :-) What software are you using?

Adobe Illustrator v7.0
Adobe Photoshop v5.0
Adobe Type Library
   All for Windows95. Corel supports Postscript no problem, but it is very
finicky software and on my personal "Most Hated Software" list. After working
in a Service Bureau for 7 years I learned to really hate Corel Corporation and
their products. When you have to tell thier tech support how to operate their
own software I know I'm on my own.

> Speaking of the font, you mentioned you had a lot of them. Do you
>have "Pumper"? That's what Gene used for the decal on his truck, and
>its apparently the font that Dodge uses? I can re-render the
>"www.dakota-truck.net" I've got in a bigger size, but it would
>still be bitmapped. (Lemme know if you'd like me to send you it
>in a larger size to try with the logo...) Anyway, it would be really great
>if we could find "Pumper". I've searched all over the 'net, checked all my
>CD's that have fonts on them, but no luck. I wonder if Gene's print shop
>would be willing to copy it onto a disk?

   Eh, learned a long time ago that precise fonts don't really matter. I
think "pumper" is part of the Font Corporation family, but I'm not sure. I
try to stick to the Adobe Type Library since it's the highest quality fonts on
the planet and name level designers: they are really good. Since I'm going to
be blowing this up pretty big on my truck, I don't want to use cheesy fonts.
Personally, I think the "Revue" looks real nice: bold and easy to read. Oh,
and never ask a print shop to surrender a font, it can get them into BIG
trouble unless the font is under public release ^_^ . I watched a competitor
of the place I used to work at get shut down for this very thing...

Shaun H.