Re: 3:55

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 17:11:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/98 1:05:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BlKV8Dkota@aol.com writes:

<< Is a 3:55 a good gear to race with? My friend said the bigger the gear the
 faster off the line but the slower the top speed is this right?

Yeah, you got it right, but you could easily use a 4.10, which is what I have,
and still drive eway speeds. Here are some RPM @ MPH #'s from my 5.9 5spd w/
4.10 sure grip.
2nd 3200RPM 30MPH
3rd 3000 45
4th 3800 80
                   4000 85
5th 2800 80
                   3000 85
                   3100 90
                   3300 95
                   3500 100
So by those numbers I see no problem running a 4.10 gear and not being
concerned with high RPM's I really wanted a 4.30 gear, but they stopped
making them!
Eric
OH, these were Pre JBA headers and hiflo Injectors. Ill run those times again
tonight