Re: V-8 verses V-6

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Oct 09 1998 - 21:15:50 EDT

I own a '97 reg cab short bed V-6 w/ 5spd. I usually get about 18 MPG in LA
traffic. I just recently towed a car and trailer
weighing 4400 lbs from Detroit to LA, with no problems. Some of the hills
in the mountains slowed me down, but with the
ability to select my own gears, I still outran almost all 18 wheelers.
Sometimes I wish I had the V-8, but I would probably have
several traffic tickets if I did. Not to mention, the insurance is a lot
cheaper. Just decide what you really need the truck for.

Gary Pinkley
97 Reg Cab V-6 5 spd
lowered monochrome red
255/50-17 BFG Comp T/A ZR4