Re: Fuel Injector Information

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 10 1998 - 10:58:53 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/98 6:53:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG writes:

<< The only question surrounding these injectors will be whether or
 not the O2
 sensor can reduce the pulse width enough to not be rich at an idle. If it is
 rich at an idle, then the only option will be to drop down to the 245 cc
 injectors. >>
Frank,
     I wish I new exactly what these injectors were that I put in besides that
they are Ford. But I know Im using much more fuel than before the injector
install. The motor runs much smoother now, but anyway, My 5.9 doesnt run rich
at all at an idle. Infact the past couple of days now, its been dry, but this
comp has fully reacted to the new injectors and is running very strong. Just
a flip of the pedal and its instant results. I modified my throttle body
quite a bit, up to the maximum without bigger butterflys and also reduced the
plenum and shortened the runners in my intake manifold. I have the hipo comp,
JBA headers with Borla true duals, pulleys and a K&N open air. Also a ram air
hood. The throttle response before was good but not exceptional. Now its not
exceptional, its awesome! Now that the weather is cool, 66 is the high today
and sunny, this thing runs like a bat out of hell!
Eric