HI Flo Injectors-A Bad Experience

From: TXSTIM@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 10 1998 - 12:23:20 EDT

3 or 4 years ago, when I had some money burning a whole in my pocket, I
purchased a ported TB and matched set of Hi-Flo injectors from Magnum
Performance (that's Jules right?). Upon initial installation the truck ran
rough and stumbled, but started smoothing out as the computer learned what to
do. After settling in, the truck felt real strong, but the engine went flat
past 7/8 throttle. I'm assuming that I went beyond the MAP. I ran it like
that for nearly a month. I reinstalled my stock injectors and the problem
went away, but I noticed a difference in the part throttle performance (at
least I think so; you never know with seat of the pants measurements). I've
held on to the injectors thinking that I might need them after a cam or more
heavily modded TB is installed.

The injectors are yellow, like my originals. The hole at the bottom is a bit
bigger. Since they were the same color, I had some suspicion before I
installed them that they were the same as my originals, but there is an
obvious difference. I don't know the flow rate or p/n (these might be stock
from some other application)

Oh yeah, I was running a very early MP computer (ordered it before they were
available, and got one of the early releases)

94 4x2
5.2 5spd
Mods at the time:
DT headers