1/4 Mile @Motorplex

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 17:58:38 EDT

Well, as promised,I went to the Motorplex last Fri. night and ran my '98
R/T. The results were a best of 15.190 @ 90.27 ,and the fun meter was
off the scale. The truck has really come along fast with very little
work. My first run back on 3JUL98 was a disapointing 16.206 @ 83.24,I
was heartbroken (sob). So I went to work wringing the most out of my
engine without makeing any permanent mods. I started with a JET II then
a JET 180 stat. Next a K&N element and a homemade ram air, and most
recently the dual fan setup outlined in previous messages earlier this
week. The fans were worth 3tenths and 2mph. I highly recommend this mod.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to underdrive pulleys next, I raced a guy in
a Lightning that said all he uses is a crank underdrive and it helped a
lot. What do you think? Anyone installed them on an R/T yet? Alan.
'98 R/T rc purple.