Re: Open Air Element and Rain/Splash

From: Chris lang (langcj@clarkson.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 11 1998 - 20:03:34 EDT

I wouldn't worry about water in the open element from puddles. I have a
14X5 K&N on my truck and while I was 4wheeling I went through what I though
was a shallow stream which turned out to be about as deep as my tires. The
engine didn't even seem to notice it (never even sputtered) and the water
defiantly splashed up by the intake since the underside of the hood was
dripping everywhere when I looked at it a minute later. As long as you keep
your K&N oiled I wouldnt worry about it.

Chris
93 V8 CC 4x4