Re[2]: wax and oil

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 09:37:31 EDT

Brian Fitchett wrote:

> Two questions for you guys:
> For those of you with black Daks, or any other color, what brand of wax do you
use? and What is the best kind of motor oil to use in the V6 conventional or
synthetic, what weight?

> -B-
>
> --Black 98 CC V6--

<<Oh, no! Not the wax and oil questions!!!>>

hehehe... This is almost a weekly thing, no?

<<Seriously, I recommend a good carnuba paste wax(the kind in the can, not the
liquid in a bottle), it generally lasts longer and doesn't have petroleum in it
like liquids do. I use Mothers, myself.>>

I've heard this before -- that paste is better than liquid, but I am incredibly
lazy so I use Meguires Gold Class liquid... I like the results and it seems
easier to me...

I switched to M1 synthetic (currently 10w-30... I'll be switching to 5w-30 for
the winter) at around 3,000 miles. Why you ask? Because I could! There is so
much debate about the virtue of synthetics v. regular oil that only God and a
Tibetan monk (formerly a chemical engineer) really know which is better!! :-)
For me, synthetic is strictly a comfort factor.

T.