Re: Check Engine Light Gone Mad!!

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 12 1998 - 16:20:01 EDT

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Tony Sarro wrote:

> My check engine light has decided to go haywire on me. Today on the way =
> home from school it came on so I decided to pull into the gas station =
> and pull the codes. I did and I got the 12, 41, and 55. I know what =
> they mean and the only odd one is the 41 so I looked in the Haynes =
> manual it says lack of or excessive field voltage or something like =
> that. But this isnt a code that is suppose to make the light come on. =
> It didnt come back on though when I restarted the truck. About twenty =
> minutes later it came back on again. So does anybody know what might be =
> up with my truck.

  Tony,

  I don't know if this'll help you out or not, but I ran 41 through the
trouble codes program on the DML home page, and it came back with
"An open or shorted condition detected in the generator field control circuit"
and said that the generator lamp would be illuminated. Maybe there is
no generator lamp, so they lit the MIL instead? (shot in the dark) :-)
Good luck with whatever it is!

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.77@92.97), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |