Re: DML:Durango article in New Truckin'

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 20:04:49 EDT

Chris lang wrote:

> Somthing dosent sound right there how much does a durango weigh? more than
> a 4x4 CC? I raced my friends 5.0 EXPLODER the other day and smoked him in
> my 4x4 with 31's. The all wheel drive smoked me off the line while i was
> spinnin' a bit but around thirty i passed him and just kept going....
>
> Chris
>
> >I was surprised to read on page 67 that the ford 4.0 V-6
> >outperformed the mopar 5.2 V-8 in acceleration. On the otherhand, The
> >Durango did recieve the best looking, and largest interior for the most
> >comfortable >ride. The explorer weighs a little less, but other than that
> How >can this V-6 outperform our V-8's?
> >
> >Later,
> >
> >2me

The SOHC 4.0 in the Exploders run really good(my cousin has one), it is
not the slow piece of crap found in the Ranger, even though it is about
the same displacement. They will beat a 5.0 (explorer) in a drag race,
but they aren't as good for towing. Honestly I hope ford takes there
time on getting these in the Rangers, they would run REAL good, for
there size.

Erich