Re: Lowering Blocks

From: jsm@iglou.com
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 01:28:59 EDT

>Went to Poop boys today to get some 2" lowering blocks to level out my
>rearend. All they had were Aluminum ,=20

Coming out of lurk mode.... I too pondered how to go about lowering the
rear of my Dak. I thought about blocks but decided against using them.
Instead I went with 2" shackles from Sport Truck Direct. They are made
by Western Chassis and IMHO worth the extra $$$. Made the truck almost
level. Still a little higher, but not much, in back.

Now I'm seriously thinking about getting their 2" hangers, actually 1" 1
1/2" 2" choice, and 2" A-Arms for a 2" x 4" overall drop. I realize this
is not a cheap way to go, will need new shocks too, but I think being
able to keep the basic suspension components more or less stock is
important to longevity.

I also got a rear roll pan (fiberglass) with flip-up plate mounting and
light kit from Trader's. If all goes well it will be on the truck this
afternoon(Tues). However, I have to say the so-called template for the
flip-up plate and light kit are not to size.

I took some pictures before the 2" drop and will take some after the pan
install. And when I do the additional 2" front and back will take some
more pics. I don't have a web page, but when all is done I will make the
pics available for anyone that wants to see them.

Then it will be tires. I'm thinking of getting 245 60's when it's time
to retread. Any comments, pro or con, on that size for the Sport 7"
rims? Stock is 215 75's In-slick-tas.

Of course the basic disclaimers for Sport Truck Direct and Trader's
apply.

Steve
Lou-a-vul
jsm@iglou.com