Re: skip the flex, was Flex Fan

From: LazarisLng@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 14:21:00 EDT

Seriously consider skipping the installation of the flex fan.
My friends and I all rushed out and put flex fans on our cars when we were in
high school (14 years ago). An older friend Kieth had a beautiful mach one
and while revving up the motor in the driveway one of the blades let loose and
impaled the hood! Did I forget to mention he had been standing where the fan
launched from only moments before? Another friend also lost a blade on his
plymouth that impaled the inner stell of the hood.
Unless flex fan technology has just made a gigantic leap in technology inn the
last couple years i would skip it. Go with some form of clutch fan or
electric fan.

Just my experience and two cents.
Mike Gale
99 R/T Dakota