RE: High speed resonation results?

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 17:47:10 EDT

|{,
Not an old thread, but the vibe is getting old. I have the exact same thing
and its not tire or alignment related (unless its a compatibility thing...)
Anyhow, Im suspecting the driveshaft balance or alignment, but until Dodge
fesses up to a fix I think this is beyond most dealers diagnostic capability
(I hope Im wrong)... I took mine back once for this and they balance the
tires and aligned it and it didnt go away. I took it to an alignment shop
to have the work checked and they said it was right on the money! (at least
the dealer can align these things). But the vibe is still there. My 65
cuda does the same thing but more violently and louder. Its a worn
differential and saggy rear springs on my cuda, both of which the R/T does
not have...I checked to see if the shaft had a balance weight on it, and it
does, but it looked suspiciously "generic" ( statistical balancing) and that
rubber harmonic damper on the front of the shaft doenst make me real
comfortable re: factory driveshaft balance. My plan is to take it to a
drive shaft sop and have them check it, but since it seesm endemic, I was
hoping Dodge would step up first! We gotta figure this out though!
Bruce "vibes" Bridges