Re[2]: Dakota CC 4x4 vs. Ranger SuperCab 4x4

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Tue Oct 13 1998 - 18:55:55 EDT

Nope, not just your opinion... There was a TSB for Ford Rangers that said
the 4wd did not engage even though the lite on the dash was on.

T.

Subject: Re: DML: Dakota CC 4x4 vs. Ranger SuperCab 4x4
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 10/13/98 5:09 PM

As far as I am concerned, you take a stock Ranger 4x4 and a stock Dakota 4x4
and throw some good AT tires on both and there is no doubt in my mind that the
Dakota will make the Ranger look like a piece of shit(no that is isnt one
alrady) I had done some fairly tough trails in my 93 Dak 4x4 and I have also
laughed at a few and pulled out a great many Rangers. One thing hate about
Rangers, other than they are Ford product, is that the 4WD system is
activated by buttons or dials. I LOVE my Dak's NP231 LEVER operated tcase,
when I engage it in 4WD, I can feel it and I know it is there when I need it.
I am not sure I would like knowing that my tcase would be electronically
operated if I had a Ranger. My brother has one of these and when you put it in
4WD, you cant feel it engage, you just hope it is in 4. just my opinion tho!
Kyle