Loss of OD in '89 Dakota -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 14:25:13 EDT

Dude, I had the same thing happen to my 88'. It was just the speed
sensor. It was a $70 part throught the dealer. Cured the problem that
time. The second time it happened it was just the elctronic connectors on
the tranny itself were really dirty and I wasn't getting any signal to my OD
unit. that was just a 1/2 hr of labor... Hope this helps! =)

-mike d.

>>> "Allan, Ivan" <IAllan@ea.com> 10/09/98 07:21pm >>>
Hi everybody. I just signed up and this is my first post...

I was wondering if anyone could comment on a current problem I have
with my
'89 Dakota. Just recently I lost my overdrive gear and I was wondering if
it could be a simple switch that needs replacing as opposed to something
wrong with the tranny itself. I have the goofy on/off button that performs
that very function of disabling the OD for when you're hauling a load
(apparently...?).

Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks all.