Test driving Durango & R/T

From: Toomey2me@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 14:23:39 EDT

Hey all,

Yesterday had to be the most exciting, fun filled day I have had in a long
time. i went in to get my routine service and tires rotated at the dealer.
They had 2 Dakota R/T's. One was in the showroom, purple fully loaded and the
other was a Flame red fully loaded sitting on the lot. Both were club cabs and
were around $25,000. Needles to say I had to drive one. I told one of the
sales guy I was thinking about trading in my 97 dak. First we went in a ride
in a Durango, nice interior, but didnt have the acceleration I am used to in
my Dak. Then a ride in the R/T, I didn't want to get out once I got in. I
wanted one, but i wanted a stick. The guy said that you lose towing capacity
with a stick, so he didnt think they were going to be coming out with a 5
speed, but he also thought that the Dakota didnt come in a 5.2. This is my
first close encounter with an R/T. Actually I haven't seen one on the streets
around here. I wanted to trade my Dak in for the R/T, but I had to control
myself. Luckily, my girlfriend was with me to calm me down, she wants the
Durango, but she would also settle for the R/T.

Sorry so long,

2me