ABS/BRAKE lights - dash

From: Clay Cunniff (clayton@worldpath.net)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 15:41:50 EDT

I had the pleasure of blowing a brake line a couple of weeks ago when I
had to stand on the brake pedal. It was the line coming from the prop
valve (over the driver side rear wheel) to the flex line. When I went to
repair it I found lots of rust and decided to replace all the rear brake
lines. I now have all new rear brakes / lines and prop valve but I
cannot make the dash ABS / Brake lamps go out. I have bled ALL the
brakes and the prop valve twice. The brakes work fine with a nice firm
pedal. I have tried the Haynes method of turning on the key and slowly
depressing the brake pedal but this does not work. Is there a trick in
bleeding the brakes (ie sequence ?) or something else I must do to make
those lamps go out? The truck is an 89 Dakota 4 x 4.

                                Any help is appreciated, Thanks, Clay