'97 OBDII 3.9L V-6 Upgrades

From: jlf071261@haseko-ca.com
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 16:19:22 EDT

Have a '97 3.9L V-6 w/ Auto in an SLT CC. Recently read where a '92 Magnum V-6 was
fitted with a V-8 TBI in Mopar Performance (I think?) June issue. Question is, since this
was an OBD-I vehicle, does anyone have any info on this modification on an OBD-II vehicle. Looks like a simple upgrade, requiring opening up the throttle bores in the
intake, and the article mentioned good gains from the upgrade. Another question if you'll
permit me to, is I am planning on installing a Jet Chip. Qusetion is, does anyone have
any feedback on the use of a series I or a series II chip with the 170` thermostat.
Exhaust is stock, but will be putting on a Gibson Cat-Back soon, along with a possible
hybrid intake using a K&N throttle body hat piece from a V-8 Grand Cherokee or the up &
coming '97 V-8 Dakota FIPK (which has a flow director of some sort), they've been promising this for months however, and then mount conical K&N filter near the Radiator
Support, or maybe just do the open element 10" version described by one of your members.
Anyway, with either Polishing the existing TB, or installing the V-8 TB, I don't want to
end up too lean, with the wrong Chip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. By
the way, I installed a Jacobs Omni-Magnum ignition last year, and it is an easy install.
I mounted it under the Horizontal Panel that supports the Horn. Just had to order a
longer Magnecor Coil Wire, and everything worked out great! Just a suggestion for some of
you. Order it from Summit Racing, and you'll save over $100.00 over ordering it from
Jacobs.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)