Re: Test driving Durango & R/T -Reply

From: Stephan Boianoff (sboianoff@mdc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 16:23:33 EDT

You are correct, Jon. I got my Dakota with towing in mind, and yes a
similarly equipped manual does have a higher tow rating than an
automatic. Why do you laugh? An R/T with a 5-speed would be a
monster tow vehicle. Oh, I forgot...you're a racer. :-)

Steve

>>> Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu> 10/14/98 02:48pm >>>

  Second, I'm almost positive that a stick would allow MORE towing
capacity, not less. I could be wrong about this, and I've never
researched it myself, but I've heard from a couple of people that the
manual Dak is rated to tow heavier loads than an identical auto.