RE: Tire Question

From: Michael D Gemelke (Michael.D.Gemelke@wdc.com)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 17:50:43 EDT

OK - so I asked all the right questions, and as a result put some
P225/70R15 BFG Trail T/A's on my factory 15x6 Al wheels, replacing the
215/75 Inslicta's. I hear you guys running as much as 245/70's without
much problem. My 225/70's are rubbing on the front if I turn the steering
wheel 3/4 of full. I'm not sure what they're rubbing against yet -
hopefully just the flaps or plastic protecting the engine compartment.
Plenty of room on the back Tires. Is anyone else running 225/70's? Any
problems? Anyone know of anything to look for? My suspension is stock.

I've got a 95 4x2 xcab sport 3.9L.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

-Mike

(Rich - how are things at the Great Telephone Experiment? - used to be an
employee myself).