Re: Ford Lightning

From: Elmer Hanhart (hanharte@SWBell.net)
Date: Sun Oct 18 1998 - 00:05:51 EDT

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:

> What's up with this "Ford Lightning" rig??? I remembered somebody talking
> about one, but I'd never seen one before so I didn't really pay
> attention... I saw one locally yesterday and all it looks like is a 150 or
> maybe 250 p/u. Maybe some nice wheels but it still looked like a plain
> jane 150 otherwise... What gives?
>
> T.
They are Reg. Cab short bed F-150's w/ Mustang Cobra heads and intake on
a 351, true dual exhaust, 4.11 limited slip, a slightly bigger cam(not
much), different suspension, and 17" wheels w/ 275-60-17 tires. They are
pretty fast for a fullsize pickup, a newly acquired buddy has one and
said when it was stock it dyno'd in at 227hp to the rear wheels. They
are advertised as having 240hp at the crank but apparently they are a
little underated. They will run mid-low 15's stock.

Erich 98 ext. cab v8 5spd. (uhh, I never wanted a lightning, promise,
not me , never)

Dak content- my buddy is getting a Dak for his daily driver