Re: Independent Rear Suspension -Reply

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Fri Oct 16 1998 - 17:34:51 EDT

     That SR-71 is one hideous looking beast. It looks like a very
     confused vehicle, stuck in transformation between a stock Dakota and
     an IMSA GTP car that is now banished from competition. Bulges and
     bumps. It's lost alot of it's flowing lines from the stock body.
     Parts are interesting, especially the engine. Wonder what they did to
     it? Is it normally aspirated? Maybe stroked out a bit? I personally
     was thinking about that Richmond Gear 6-speed gearbox ever since I saw
     it in the Summit Racing catalog. Wonder if I could graft it (the 6
     speed) into my Dak? Gee, first I'd have to junk my auto and get a
     torch out to cut a hole in the trans tunnel..just for starters!!

                                        Bob