gas getting into oilpan 98 Dakota

From: Hartley (hartley11@ibm.net)
Date: Sat Oct 17 1998 - 12:20:12 EDT

Recently when I changed the oil on my 98 Dakota I noticed that the oil was
full of gasoline odor, so I checked the new oil and it has the same gas odor
in it. The oil turned black in 50 miles. Anyone else have the same
problem. Mines the six cylinder dakota 4X4. I used Havoline 10/30 and a
Fram Filter not that it matters, but I know someone would ask that question.
Do they have a mechanical fuel pump? Theres too much stuff for me to really
follow the fuel line, I have an appointment to have it checked on Wednesday.
Anyone have any thoughts as to what would cause this. I'm afraid the
dealership will play they can't duplicate the problem on me. I know it
exists.