Re: Performance Dillema

From: Glen Renzoni (glenzoni@totacc.com)
Date: Sun Oct 18 1998 - 09:12:15 EDT

Josh, try Gibson for headers and cat-back exhaust. I've used Gibson exhaust
on my last two Dakotas and Doug thorley headers. Both worked and fit great.
Now that gibson makes headers too, I'll try their headers on my '99 R/T
(they are cheaper than the Thorleys, and I've had good results with the
Gibson exhaust). I also seen an article about a Gibson header/ exhaust
install
on a full size Dodge, in Mopar Action. They really liked the ease of the
header install. Give Gibson a call at 1-800-528-3044. Hope this helps.
Glen.
----------
> From: BlKV8Dkota@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Performance Dillema
> Date: Saturday, October 17, 1998 4:41 PM
>
> Ok here is my story. I purchased Summit truck headers made by flowtech
for my
> 98 318 dak. In the catalog theyt sat only 96-97 so i called and asked if
they
> would apply to 98's they told me to call flowtech and ask. So I did.
Their
> techs said nothing changed from 97-98 so they shall fit so I ordered
them.
> Well when they got I here I was woried because the last pipe cam up and
over
> the top of the headers wich looked like a clearence problem. So I
e-mailed
> flowtech to make sure they would fit and they assured me they would.
Well
> today i spent 3 hours and no go so I am stuck with the manifolds and no
> headers and i am Pissed. So please for the love of god dont listen to
> flowtech. So here is my present problem. I am returning the headers to
> summit and getting my 160 back. What should I purchase now? I have an
Airaid