Re: Gear Jammers

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 17 1998 - 21:20:59 EDT

In a message dated 10/15/98 3:21:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< An autostick is an interesting idea, but its still worthless to me
 without a clutch.

    Color me stubborn, but I'll be rowin' a manual until they can
 figure out a way to wire the thing directly into my brain. :-) >>

BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHWAWAWWAWAHAHAHHAHa You'll learn commie :-) I will
grant ya that manuals will tear up a lot more equipment and IF they don't ya
may get a little hole shot ???? by high rev clutch dump. Of course a higher
stall TC would even it out and for the being in the right gear if we're both
running along in OD and someone says go do you really think you could shift
down faster than I could floor it and have it shift down by auto ????? I don't
think so and the auto will go to the lowest possible gear even if for only a
second or 2 and the be in the right gear again. And as for down shifting on
hills, I usually just hit the OD button and thats as afar as I have to go.
Noooppppeeee the autos RULE and always will :-) AND ya don't need a short
shifter :-) the only thing the auto doesn't do for me is help my terrible
reaction times :-)

Bill