Re: Gear Jammers

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 18 1998 - 20:26:36 EDT

<< Based on RPM, engine sound, road conditions, and a billion
 other variables completely foreign to an auto tranny, my amazing
 supercomputer-like brain computes the precise gear I should be in as I push
 in the clutch, and bring up the rpm's. Biceps rippling, I slam the stick
 into
 the proper gear and the clutch is already on its way back up. The power
 kicks
 in like a JATO rocket burrowing into my chest. My radar detector tears off
 the
 windshield with an unholy shriek and smashes through the rear window. The
 tires
 smoke, the front end raises 3 feet, the asphault wrinkles as it bleeds molten
 rubber, and I'm screamin' down the road executing the remaining shifts with
 perfect timing and precision. Babies cry, men cringe in fear, and women
 stare
 adoringly. In mere seconds, I dissapear over the horizon and become nothing
 more than a memory. The local elders will pass the legend of the manual
 tranny
 down through the generations. It is said that one day this warrior will
 return
 to free the world of the tyranny of the auto trannies forever. (Editors
 note:
 the preceding paragraph may have contained slight dramatization.)

> AND ya don't need a
 short
>shifter :-) the only thing the auto doesn't do for me is help my terrible
>reaction times :-)

    Heh heh heh! And I'd like to keep it that way, if possible. ;-)

                                                -Jon- >>

OH MY GOD, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still crying tears of
laughter!!!!!!!! That was awesome, just about says it all!!!! YES!

Brad