Re: Gear Jammers

From: Glen Renzoni (glenzoni@totacc.com)
Date: Mon Oct 19 1998 - 09:09:54 EDT

Sticks are great fun. I broke my 5-speed 3 times and twisted the rear axle
(Dodge covered all of it!) New Dak is auto, and I'm happy. A good converter
and a shift kit, and your right up there with the stick (not as fun, but
you can't have everything, and I don't have to replace the clutch every 2
years), and you're not off the throttle while shifting. Not to mention
consistency. Only my opinion (but I have had 1 auto Dak, and 1 stick, and
I'm glad my R/T is auto). I did talk to a friend at Chrysler corp. about
putting a 5-speed in the R/T. He said it wouldn't hold up. That has been my
experience. Glen.

----------
> From: N2mopars@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Gear Jammers
> Date: Sunday, October 18, 1998 6:26 PM

> << Based on RPM, engine sound, road conditions, and a billion
> other variables completely foreign to an auto tranny, my amazing
> supercomputer-like brain computes the precise gear I should be in as I
push
> in the clutch, and bring up the rpm's. Biceps rippling, I slam the
stick
> into
> the proper gear and the clutch is already on its way back up. The power
> kicks
> in like a JATO rocket burrowing into my chest. My radar detector tears
off
> the
> windshield with an unholy shriek and smashes through the rear window.
The